An unsweetened very elastic crust for making meat pies, such as my game pie and my pork and chicken pie.. You use this for the sides of the pie and a shortcrust for the lid.
- 500 grams wheat flour
- 125 grams butter
- 170 milliliters water boiling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melt the butter in the boiling water
- Put the flour in a bowl and mix it with the salt. Make an indentation in the little mountain of flour (like you do with pasta dough).
- Add in the water/butter mix, one third at a time, and mix it in with the rest, until you have a smooth pie dough.
- Add it to a plastic bag and let it rest for an hour in the fridge.