These oatmeal cookies are the snacks I make when I have nothing in the house and a craving for sweet. Or if friends come over for tea and we need snacks. And they only take 20 minutes to make!
Created by Sidsel Pedersen on October 30, 2016
Quick and easy crispy oatmeal cookies
- 250 grams butter (or butter-like product). Not margarine.
- 275 grams sugar
- 100 grams raisins (optional, nuts works as well as well as other dried berries. I have also made them with chocolate chips and it was of course also yummy)
- 150 grams flour
- 150 grams rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C
- Mix the butter and sugar.
- Add flour, raisins, baking soda and the oats.
- The mix must not be too dry, if it does, add more butter. Shape the mix into 2 cm balls and sit them on a baking tray (with baking paper on it).
- They get bigger so don't put them too close together. I normally get quite many from this recipe, so I often only make half or I will just eat them all.
- Bake them for 10 minutes at 200 C in the middle of the oven - until they are golden brown around the edges. Do not let them get dark brown or they will taste bad. Do not move them off the try until they have cooled down a bit.