- 1 Slice of good white bread
- 1 clove of garlic
- 5 Tomatoes - I like the small cherry ones for this
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil, if you have it
- Spices: oregano, salt, pepper, sugar.
- Slice your self a thick slice of bread. Toast it (in oven or on a toaster).
- While it is toasting slice tomatoes and peal a clove of garlic.
- Once the bread is toasted on both sides, rub the clove of garlic against one side of the bread.
- Drip a bit of oil on the bread. Add the slices of tomatos and put a bit of all the spices on. Yes sugar sounds strange but tomatoes loves sugar. It needs quite a bit of salt and pepper to be really good but it if you got good tomatoes this is heaven in the summer.
- You can also dice the tomatos and add in the spices and olie. That way you have some of the topping in the fridge.