This is an unsweetened shortcrust that works very well for meat pies such as my game pie and my pork and chicken pie. You need the shortcrust as the lid of the pie and my piecrust recipe for the sides. You can also just use an oven proof dish and add a short crust lid to it. Can be frozen.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 1h 10m
- 250 grams wheat flour
- 150 grams butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50 milliliters water optional
- 1 egg mixed for the crust lid
- Rub the butter and flour together in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add eggs and water and mix it together until you have a smooth pie dough.
- Add it to a plastic bag and let it rest for an hour in the fridge.