Græskar at koge
A pumpkin spicy puré based on a recipe from Anna Wecket’s 1648 cookbook. Works really well in a fall menu.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 26m
- 1 pumpkin child head sized
- 0,5 liter milk whole milk is probably best
- 3 tablespoons gingerbread breadcrumbs (store brought is fine). Just put the gingerbread in a morter and smash them up
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 0,25 tsp safran
- Peel, de-seed and dice the pumpkin.
- Boil the pumpkin in the milk at a low heat until the flesh is mashable. That takes 10-20 min depending on how big your dices are. Make sure the milk don't burn or overflow.
- Grained the safran in a mortar and add a tablespoon of boiling water and let it sit for a bit.
- Take the pumpkin off the heat and puré the pumpkins with a wooden spoon or use a potato masher in the milk. You can of course use a blender but that might alter the consistency.
- Put it back on the heat and add the breadcrumbs. Let it simmer for 5 minutes while it gets a bit thicker.
- Add the butter and salt to a taste.