A simple pizza dough recipe, that seem to work. Baking it on a pizza stone makes for better pizzas if you are just baking one, but I find it hard to get to work if I need more than one pizza baked – and this recipe yields two.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 1h 40m
- 200 milliliters durum flour
- 600 milliliters wheat flour
- 300 milliliters water
- 25 grams fresh yeast (or half a package of dry yeast)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Stir the water and yeast together.
- Mix flour, sugar and salt together and stir it into the water. Knead the dough though for a few minutes.
- Cut the dough in two and sit it on the floured table with a moist tea towel over and let it rest for at least 1 hour. Or until it\\\'s twice the size.
- If you have a pizza stone turn on the oven after half an hour so it is scalding hot (250 C) once you are ready to bake the pizza.
- Knead it again and roll the dough out for the pizza crusts.
- Add your toppings and bake one pizza at a time on the pizza stone.
- Bake it for 15-20 until the edges starting to become golden and your cheese has melted and become lightly golden. Do not turn on the oven fan or the crust might go soft - you want the heat as dry as possible.